But what can I say? I MUST let others who are in the country for only a short time have their chance. Those who have a much better chance at investigation and reunion also have the more interesting 'story'. This is the way programs work, unfortunately, that is 'show business'. So I have a much smaller audience on the cable channel TVN but they are going all out to present my case. Perhaps it will not be necessary for me to be on KBS-1? That would be interesting.
I don't have all the notes from the translater from the Hypnosis session or Mudang's meeting yet but here are some interesting "Facts" that can only be proven to be true IF it is true. I post them here for the record, stating again that even I am reserving judgements on whether my memories are real or fantasy. Are they mixed actual memories overlaid with learned facts about the Korean War, US Army units that I know about through study, I cannot tell exactly. Here are just some of the basic points:
- Name of Birth mother: JUN Soon Hee (Hypnosis- I remembered/Mudang- told me name)
- Mother's age: Hypnosis- Early twenties Mudang- mother was 22
- Birth Father's Name: Hypnosis-Eduardo Evangelista Mudang-no name but 35 years old
- Birth Father had the patches of the 25th Division and the 27th Regiment (Wolfhounds) on his uniform. I 'saw' his last name Evangelista over his right breast pocket. He was called "Top" which would be a high ranking Enlisted Non-Commissioned Officer or NCO of the rank of E-8 a Master Sargeant or 1st Sargeant.
- Mother had long hair, slight build, very pretty, medium height
- Mother fled from Seoul when lost second time to Taegu. Scenes were possibly during 1951 (Mudang said I am one year older than my birthdate.)
- Taegu: mother and I were in a house near a river, open market very close. Saw sign, US Base of 8th Army, 25th Division, 27 th Regiment (Wolfhounds). Mother sold US goods on the Blackmarket and later had MahJeong Chinese gambling in a house in HaybangCheong, overlooking the Yongsan 8th Army Headquarters. I had some DejuVu experiences when I first went on the base, and from the apartment of my Canadian friend Mike.
- Pohang base: We stayed in barracks near the docks.
- Yongsan base: Apartment seems like it was in HayBangCheong, overlooking the Yongsan base of the 8th Army Headquarters, Itaewon.
- Mother had short 50's hairstyle, wore only western dresses, high heels, makeup. She had shelves of US PX products that she sold and traded to other Korean girlfriends of American soldiers.
- 'Sally' an older Korean friend, was her best friend.
- Father had to go back to America, left shoebox filled with cash.
- Mother had small baby, my sister now, and an older woman who breast-fed her. Mother was working as a singer, her family had many artists and musicians. Mudang said I too was an artist, stuntman and actor. Mother's family was very wealthy Yangban before Korean War, most were killed when Seoul was captured first time. Mother sole survivor.
- Sally urged my mother to give us up for adoption, better for us to go to land of my father.
- Mother took us across the Han bridge, still under repair to YoungdongPo where the World Vision Reception Center was located. I remembered arrival at gate, Harry Holt coming to us. Mother would visit according to Mudang until both of us left country.
The Mudang also said that 'I'm sorry, your mother died 12 years ago'. She seemed surprised that I showed no emotional response, and the producers also seemed puzzled, since they saw my emotional feelings during the hypnosis. I replied that I was certain from Pastors and prophetic gifted people that had never met me before that my Korean mother had become a Christian sometime in 1991, a Catholic Christian by the way. So I had peace knowing in my heart that she was waiting for me, if she were died, in heaven. In fact I asked the Mudang if she knew she would see her departed father in 'the next life'. Of course, she had to reply no, for in Shamanism and Buddhist religions the human spirit is reborn again and again. I had the assurance from the Bible that we will meet again in Heaven. I returned home from the Mudangs home in Ansan city, not far from my own apartment, strangely in peace. Perhaps my birthmother has died, but something seemed wrong, I had serious feelings that she had not yet gone across the 'river of life'.
Then on Tuesday I got another call from TVN, "Can you meet with the producers tonight? We have a second opinion from another mudang." to be continued...